Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
BC3 STEM Programs offer students hands-on experiences in a lab setting with the latest equipment and technology.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that, during the period 2010-2020, employment in science and engineering occupations will grow by 18.7%, compared to 14.3% for all occupations. - STEM Education Data & Trends 2014, National Science Foundation
Based on workplace competencies, the following 2-year programs enable students to develop the technical and professional skills necessary to start a career upon graduation:
- Applied Industrial Technology, A.A.A.
- Computer Aided Machining Technology, A.A.S.
- Electronics Technology, A.A.S.
- Engineering Technology with CADD, A.A.S.
- Manufacturing with Advanced Technology, A.A.S.
- Measurement Science/Metrology Technology, A.A.S.
- Nanofabrication Technology, A.A.S.
- Robotics Technology, A.A.S.
- Technical Trades - HVAC Option, A.A.S.
Out of the total number of students enrolled at BC3, 70% transfer their credits to a 4-year college or university.BC3 credits are recognized by public, private, and online 4-year colleges and universities. Students who complete an associate degree in one of the PASSHE* programs can transfer to any Pennsylvania state institution with junior standing:
- Apprenticeship Technology *
- Only available to employees of a particular employer
- Basic Manufacturing *
- CNC Programming Technology *
- Energy Technology *
- Machine Tool Technology
- Technical Trades - Applied Technology
* Workplace Certificate - Specific skill development for a particular profession
Ameduri, Mike - Mathematics
Cavaliero, Cheryl - Mathematics
Dailey, Denton - Robotics
Jeffries, Bessie - Mathematics
Karavias, Denise - Physics
Kovac, Matt - Mechanical/Physics
Mayfield, Stephen - Biology
Morrow, James - Biology
Motha, Madhu - Mathematics
Pankiw, Robin - Biology
Riethmiller, Karen - Drafting/Computer-aided Machining
Ripper, John - Biology
Ripper, Melinda - Chemistry
Robinson, Michael - Manufacturing
Ruediger, Kevin - Measurement Science/Metrology Technology
Schiebel, David - Measurement Science/Metrology Technology & Electronics
Stage, Deborah - Biology
Xin, Amy (Junhua) - Chemistry
Graduates from STEM programs are in demand locally and nationally.
"As the training coordinator of a local manufacturing company, I highly endorse the
STEM programs offered at BC3. The knowledge and skills acquired help prepare students
for the high tech, highly skilled, well-paying jobs in manufacturing that are available
in our area right now.”
~ Scott Covert
BC3 is a STEM Premier affiliated school.