Dr. Karen Stubenbort
Dr. Karen Stubenbort is a licensed clinical social worker. She is an Assistant Professor. Karen received an undergraduate degree in psychology from Point Park University. Karen holds a Master of Science in Child Development, a Master of Social Work, and a Doctorate in Social work from the University of Pittsburgh.
Prior to becoming a full-time educator, Karen worked in child psychiatry at Allegheny General Hospital’s Center for Traumatic Stress. Over the years, Karen worked as a social work clinician, supervisor, and trainer.
Karen has several peer reviewed publications in scholarly journals and books. She has presented throughout the country on trauma-focused treatments for young children.
Along with teaching at BC3, Karen is a consultant at Pittsburgh Action Against Rape and supervises social work clinicians who are seeking advanced licensure.
- Introduction to Social Work
- Human Diversity
- Human Behavior and the Social Environment
- Introduction to Social Welfare History
- Child Welfare
- Family Violence Across the Lifespan
- Social Work Processes
- Principles of Sociology
- Contemporary Social Problems
- General Psychology
- Child Psychology
- Abnormal Child and Adolescent Psycholgy
- PhD - Social Work
- MSW (Master of Social Work)
- MS - Child Development
- BS - Psychology
- Stubenbort, K, Trybalski, V & Zacagni, K (2012). Integrating evidence-based treatment into an attachment guided curriculum in a therapeutic preschool: Initial findings. In, E. Delgadillo & D. Arroyo (Eds), Encyclopedia of Personality Research, Vol 2. 369-383. Nova Publishers
- Stubenbort, K, Cohen, MM, & Trybalski, V. (2010). The effectiveness of an attachment focused treatment model in a therapeutic preschool for abused children. Clinical Social Work Journal. 51-60
- Stubenbort, K. & Cohen, J.A. (2006). Cognitive behavioral groups for traumatically bereaved children and adults. In, L. A. Schein, H. I. Spitz, G.M. Burlingame, & P. R. Muskin (Eds.), Group Approaches for the Psychological Effects of Catastrophic Disasters, New York: Haworth Press
- Stubenbort, K, Greeno, CG, Mannarino, AP & Cohen, JA (2002). Attachment quality and post-treatment functioning in young adolescents following sexual trauma: A case series presentation. Clinical Social Work Journal, 30, 23-39.
- Distinguished Alumnus, Point Park University, Pittsburgh, PA
- Outstanding Dissertation Award, American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children
- Best Practices in Teaching and Learning Award, BC3
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
- Outstanding Volunteer, Family Resources of PA, Pittsburgh, PA
- Manchester Who’s Who Among Social Workers and Executives and Professionals in Mental Health, Honor’s Edition
- Presidential Merit Scholarship Award, Point Park College, Pittsburgh, PA
- Butler County Child Advocacy Center - Board Vice President
- Pittsburgh Action Against Rape, clinical consultant
- National Association of Social Workers
- Mission trips (various areas around the US)