Link To BC3 Homepage

How to Pay for College


Complete a FAFSA

  • The 2015-2016 FAFSA is available at
  • Completing the FAFSA determines your eligibility for the Federal Pell Grant, the PHEAA (Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency) State Grant; and other financial aid programs.
  • The Financial Aid Office will email you at your BC3 email address within 2-3 weeks.



Other Ways to Pay


Student Loans

  • Student loans help bridge the gap of college expenses and must be paid back.
  • Apply for student loans at . (You must first complete the FAFSA)
  • Visit the BC3 loans page for complete instructions on how to apply for a loan at BC3.



Payment Plans



Work-Study Program

  • The work-sutyd program is part-time employment available to students to help pay for educational expenses while providing work experience.
  • Visit the BC3 work-study page for complete instructions on how to participate in work-study at BC3.


Veterans Benefits

  • You  may be eligible for Veterans Benefits.  Please visit the BC3 veterans page for more information.  Veterans are encouraged to complete the FAFSA before applying for benefits.



Pittsburgh Job Corps

  • Assistance with college expenses.  Open to students age 17-24.  Must be Pell Grant eligible.  Contact Debra Lilly at 412-295-8825.








Frequently Asked Questions


The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be completed in order to apply for financial aid available through Butler County Community College. Students are able to complete the FAFSA beginning January 1 of each year. We recommend that the application is completed as soon after January 1 as possible and prior to April 15. The FAFSA can be obtained from high school guidance counselors or from the BC3 Financial Aid Office. Complete you FAFSA online or request a paper FAFSA be mailed to you. (e-mail to financial

Available financial aid at BC3 includes grant, loan, and employment programs such as the Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, Pennsylvania State Grant, Federal Work Study, Federal Stafford Loan, and Federal Parent Loans for Undergraduate Students (PLUS). In addition, a college-administered scholarship program is also available. Financial aid may be offered in some combination (package) depending on the level of need and eligibility requirements. Here is more information regarding programs BC3 offers.

How is financial aid awarded to students?

Students qualify for most financial aid based on their financial need. A family's or student's financial need is based on the following formula:

Cost of Attendance minus Expected Family Contribution equals Financial Need

Cost of Attendance: An average cost of attendance is calculated for each student based on their program of study, enrollment, and their residency status. The cost of attendance consists of costs for tuition, fees, books, room and board, transportation, and other associated educational costs.

Expected Family Contribution (EFC): The EFC is calculated through the completion of the FAFSA. The EFC reflects the federal estimate of what a family and/or student can afford to contribute toward the cost of college on a yearly basis.

Are there any other forms that I have to fill out in addition to the FAFSA?

Students who choose to borrow through the Stafford Loan Program will need to complete a student loan application. A separate loan application is required for parents borrowing through the PLUS Loan Program. Go to the AES Homepage for information on the Stafford and PLUS Loan Programs. In addition, a BC3 Institutional Information Sheet must be completed by all applicants. (Link to Forms and Pubs Page)

What happens if I need to completely withdrawal from school?

If you completely withdrawal from school (either officially or unofficially) before completing 60% of the semester you will owe money to BC3 and/or the Department of Education. Follow this link for information regarding the withdrawal policy.

What happens if I withdrawal from or fail a class?

In order to continue receiving financial aid, a student must be "progressing" towards a degree. Our office must monitor a students progression by establishing a Progress Policy. Follow this link for more information on the BC3 progress policy.

Who do I call if I need help with the financial aid application process?

Please feel free to contact the BC3 Financial Aid Office by phone: 724.284-8509 or by e-mail at Our Office hours are Monday thru Friday 8-4.

When will my financial aid be disbursed?

Federal programs.The first disbursement of financial aid refunds for federal programs is after the drop/add period. (i.e. Pell Grant, SEOG Grant, Stafford Loan) Federal programs will be processed in the order in which the information was received. In order for financial aid to be processed and ready for the first disbursement, complete documentation must be received by July 15th for the fall semester, and November 15th for the spring semester.  Processing will continue on a first come first serve basis thereafter, but you must be prepared to pay upfront for expenses such as books and supplies.

State programs.  PHEAA State Grant programs will be processed and disbursed by the semester midt-term.  PHEAA Special Programs will be processed and disbursed according to the regulations of each program.

Third-Party Programs.  The disbursement dates for third-party programs such as OVR, Career Track, Veterans Benefits, and Americorps are regulated by each program.








Get Started With Financial Aid

Ways to Pay

Cost of Attendance

Request Information Online


* required field

* Last Name

* First Name

* Current Phone

* Sutdent ID



* Enter sequence of characters pictured below

Financial Aid Resources

Net Price Calculator

Where's My Refund

View Your Award


Financial Aid Resources

Drug Conviction Policy

SAP Policy

Complete Withdrawal Policy

Student Consumer Information


Contact Information

Financial Aid Office

Butler County Community College

107 College Drive

Butler PA  16003


phone     724.284.8509

fax        724.287.4961


Federal School Code:  003240


Office Hours

Monday thru Friday

8am - 4pm


Viewing Financial Aid Forms

Many of our forms are .pdf files. 

Adobe Reader free software is required to read and print them.


Get Adobe Reader




Butler County Community College • 107 College Drive • Butler, PA • 16002
724.287.8711 • Toll-Free: 888.826.2829 • Fax: 724.285.6047
mailing address: PO Box 1203 • Butler, PA • 16003-1203

Copyright MMIV, Butler County Community College. All rights reserved. Nondiscrimination Policy    Privacy Statement   Acceptable Use Policy   Web Manager