Philosophy & Goals
CCLC is a place where each child is valued as an individual. The center is dedicated to the following beliefs:
- Young children need a safe, nurturing, and secure environment in which to play and learn.
- Young children develop a healthy self image when provided with a positive learning experience with a trusted adult.
- Young children have better learning outcomes when taught by staff members who are trained in early childhood development and education.
- Young children learn best by doing, by being actively engaged with others, the materials, and the environment.
- Young children learn best when the curriculum reflects their family culture, daily life, and interests.
- Young children need learning experiences that are individualized to meet each child's developmental needs, with input from parents/guardians.
- Young children grow and learn in developmental stages, each at his/her own rate.
- To provide a safe, accessible, healthy environment for all children, families, and staff members.
- To employ staff who are highly trained in the field of early childhood education.
- To provide continuity of programming and staff in order to create the optimal learning experience for children.
- To utilize a developmentally appropriate curriculum that supports the growth of each child in all of the developmental domains.
- To support the families of the children enrolled at CCLC.
To help each child develop:
- A positive self image.
- Independence and self-help skills.
- Positive relationships with other children and adults.
- Healthy habits for a healthy body.
- Physical skills - fine and gross motor.
- Curiosity and thinking skills.