BC3 is designated as a 2017 Military Friendly School by Victory Media, a leader in connecting the military and civilian worlds.
The Veterans Coordinator, located in the Financial Aid Office at Butler County Community College, handles all paperwork for individuals applying for Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) educational benefits. Counseling and information regarding financial aid, credit for military service, and tutorial assistance is also available. This office is also your link to the DVA in cases of problems with educational benefit processing.
Veteran students are defined as those students in the following categories:
- Is a veteran.
- The student has served in the United States Armed Forces including a reserve component or National Guard and was discharged or released from such service under conditions other than dishonorable.
- The student has been admitted to a public institution of higher education.
- The student resides in Pennsylvania while enrolled in the public institution of higher education.
The Green Zone is a group of BC3 faculty, staff and administrators who have received special training in order to be supportive of student veterans and service members. We provide a safe space and resource information to make BC3 a welcoming environment. Student veterans and service members who wish to speak with someone can contact any Green Zone member.
Green Zone Coordinators:
- Jennifer Loue - Assistant Coordinator for Disability Services and Tutoring
- Stella Smith - Associate Director of Financial Aid
- Suzanne Wasilewski - Admissions Representative
- Case Willoughby - Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management