Early College Pioneers
BC3 is partnering with Lawrence County School Districts to offer the Early College Pioneers Program (ECP) for the 2022-2023 academic year.
High School Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors... Jump start your college education!
Earn college credits that are transferrable toward a BC3 degree or certificate program. Credits are also recognized by many four-year colleges or universities.
Location & Format
Students will meet in-person for class in a computer lab at their high school. Instruction is delivered by a BC3 instructor in a live remote format via GoToMeeting. Instruction will also be delivered online via Blackboard.
Open to students attending any high school located in Lawrence County.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.25 or better for sophomores, 3.0 or better for juniors and 2.75 or better for seniors.
- The recommendation of the high school guidance counselor or principal and permission from the student’s parent/guardian.
- Students must maintain a grade of “C” or better in each course to remain in the program.
- High schools may impose additional criteria at their discretion.
Monday - Thursday
8:09 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.
Classes will follow the BC3 academic calendar.
- On dates when BC3 is open and a high school is closed, ECP students should still participate from home or another location.
- On dates when the high school is open, but BC3 is closed, there will be no class.
Fall 2022 Semester
|Class Dates||September 6 - December 2||January 30 - May 1|
|Finals Week||December 5 - 10||May 2 - 8|
*ACCUPLACER Next Generation Score: Reading 256+ AND Writing 256+
Information and study resources for the ACCUPLACER Next Generation placement test.
*SAT/ACT Score: SAT EBRW 500+ OR ACT English 21+
SAT/ACT scores must either be included on the student's official transcript or an official score report can be emailed from the school guidance counselor to the Assistant Director of High School Programming. Students can also select BC3 to receive an official score report at the time of testing or visit any BC3 campus to print their official score report. Copies in the mail, screenshots, or emails from the student cannot be accepted.
- College Study Skills: Time Management
- Financial Literacy: Paying for College; and Basics of a Budget
- College Jeopardy! An interactive game on the college search process
- Stress Management and the Practice of Gratitude
New students should complete BC3’s application for High School Programming. Students can work with their high school counselor to register for courses. All students will complete a registration form.
Applications and registration forms are available at the high school guidance office. Completed forms are due to the high school guidance office prior to May 2, 2022.
ENGL 101: College Writing may require the student to take a placement exam or provide proof of qualifying SAT/ACT scores. Placement testing information will be emailed to the student via the email address provided on their application.
Tuition & Fees
$414 per 3-credit course*
Textbooks and materials for each course are covered by the BC3 Education Foundation for the ECP Program for Lawrence County (A $125-$155 value).
* Tuition & fees listed are for the 21-22 academic year. Tuitions & fees for the 22-23 academic year will be finalized in June 2022.
- BC3 will invoice students for tuition at the beginning of each semester and tuition is due upon receipt.
- Welcome packets and textbook information will be mailed home prior to the start of the fall and spring semesters.
Technology & Transfer
- Students will have access to MyBC3 Technology Orientation to learn to navigate platforms and engage in asynchronous portions of the course. Students will need access to appropriate technology in school, at home, or elsewhere to complete asynchronous assignments.
- Technical support will be provided by the BC3 Technology Help Desk via Blackboard, MyBC3 Portal, student email, GoToMeeting, Respondus, Echo360, etc.
- BC3 will award 3 college credits for each successfully completed course.
- Four-year institutions make the final determination on the credits they will accept via transfer.