BC3 Students & Staff
Stay Safe: Top 10 Tips
Staying safe requires the cooperation and participation of the entire College community. Follow these steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- One: Self-screen for symptoms prior to coming to any BC3 location.
- Two: Maintain a safe social distance of 6 feet apart where feasible.
- Three: Wear a face covering that covers both the nose and mouth in shared spaces inside all college facilities and outside if 6 feet of distance cannot be maintained.
- Four: Sign in with your own writing utensil when entering college facilities in which you don't have a scheduled class.
- Five: Follow signage that indicates designated standing and seating locations.
- Six: Disinfect your personal space before and after use with college-provided supplies.
- Seven: Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or the inside of your elbow.
- Eight: Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands, especially your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Nine: Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Ten: Follow reporting protocol detailed in the BC3 Health & Safety Plan.
CARES/ HEERF Grants for Students
On March 27, 2020, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act was signed into law. The CARES Act Emergency Relief Grant Fund provides emergency financial aid assistance to students for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus. View CARES FAQ's.
All student services (i.e. registration, financial aid, tutoring, etc.) have transitioned to offer students remote options such as video meetings, phone discussions, emails, text-messages and additional online platforms.
Student groups are advised to hold meetings and other gatherings remotely when possible. Advisers and presidents of clubs and organizations can gain access to GoToMeeting accounts to schedule online meetings.
The National Junior Collegiate Athletic Association (NJCAA) has shifted Fall 2020 sports to the Spring 2021 semester beginning in January. Limited practice schedules may be held during the Fall 2020 semester, but will be modified to minimize contact and interaction.
BC3 will follow NJCAA Region XX athletics policies and best practices related to COVID-19, such as using preventative screening checklists, checking temperatures, limiting practices to small groups and sanitizing equipment regularly.
- Baseball, softball and golf teams will practice outdoors.
- Basketball and volleyball teams will practice in the Field House and at staggered times.
Telework for nonessential employees corresponds with guidance indicated in the current operating phase.
In the current Green Phase, access is limited to 75% maximum staffing levels in compliance with building occupancy guidelines. College buildings were staffed at a 35% level as of mid-August.
College-related domestic and international travel is suspended through the end of the Fall 2020 semester. Travel between BC3 locations is permitted.
Employees who for personal reasons travel to a domestic or international area of high prevalence or where quarantines are recommended may be required to quarantine for 14 days before entering any College facility. Employees should contact their direct supervisor to discuss next steps.
External events and facility rentals are limited to 25 people indoors or to 250 outdoors. Events and rentals will be scheduled on a case-by-case basis only through the end of the 2020 calendar year to mitigate the risk of exposure and to allow for the availability of larger spaces for academic use.
The Heaton Family Learning Commons and the outdoor Shaffer Walking Trail will remain open for College and for public use. The Logan Café in the Heaton Family Learning Commons will remain open for limited food service. The Pioneer Fitness Center is closed for the Fall 2020 semester.
- Administration Building
- Heaton Family Learning Commons
- Logan Cafe
- Student Success Center
- Shaffer Walking Trail
- Field House - Open for athletic practices only.
- Founders Hall & Student Union - Classes only. Modified for social distancing to accommodate larger class numbers.
- Succop Theater - Classes Only. Modified for social distancing to accommodate larger class numbers.
- Pioneer Cafe - Closed for eat-in. Open for online ordering for faculty and staff.
- Amy Wise Children's Creative Learning Center
- Pioneer Fitness Center