Manufacturing Pre-Apprenticeship Certificate
Develop entry-level skills to start a career in manufacturing. Students will earn a Registered Pre-Apprenticeship Certificate through the PA Department of Labor and Industry.
Grant Funded & Free to Eligible Students
This training is grant-funded by the Tri-County Workforce Investment Board and the PA Department of Labor & Industry.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 10-hour general industry card.
- Two National Institute for Metalworking (NIMS) credentials in measurement; material and safety; and job planning, benchwork and layout.
- Three National Tooling and Machining Association (NTMA) credentials in precision machining technology; blueprint reading; and quality control statistical process control and inspection.
Employment Opportunities: Machine Operator, Assembler and Press Operator, Apprenticeships in Machining, Computer Numerical Control or Quality Control.
Topics Include: Basic blueprint reading, manufacturing processes, introduction to computer numerical control (CNC), basic shop safety and equipment operation, quality processes and procedures, industrial forklift operation.
9:00am - 11:00am
BC3 @ LindenPointe
Skills Training - HYBRID
September 23 - November 14
Online with On-Campus Meetings
Thursdays 8:00am - 12:00pm
November 18 & 19
8:00am - 1:30pm
Employability Skills Training
8:00am - 12:00pm
- Successful completion of a drug screening
- Certified criminal background check
- Vocational screening assessment
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
NOTE: This certificate is stackable into the Basic Manufacturing Workplace Certificate.
Fill out the form below and we will contact you!
Or call 724-287-8711, ext. 8171 for more information.