The online databases and other resources are available through BC3 Library on Blackboard.
- Go to https://blackboard.bc3.edu and login
- Within Blackboard, look under your My Courses menu and select BC3 Library on Blackboard
- Databases will be found under the Databases A-Z button in BC3 Library on Blackboard
Available resources in Beck Library on Blackboard:
Library Catalog: BC3 library’s book, periodical, and AV collection. Use the BC3 Library Catalog’s “Request” form to have a book in our collection delivered to one of BC3’s satellite campuses. You will be notified by e-mail when the item is available for pick-up.
E-Books: Thousands of electronic books are available through the EBSCOhost ebook collection database, and the ebrary database.
Articles: The library has several databases that index collections of periodicals (magazines, newspapers, and journals): EBSCOhost (indexes journal and magazine articles), America’s News (indexes over 500 newspapers), WestlawNext (indexes legal journals). Many of the articles indexed can be retrieved full text. Where not available full-text, students may request them through interlibrary loan.
Online Databases: The following is a complete list of the library’s online databases.
- ASM, The Materials Information Society: access the ASM Metals Handbook Desk Edition
- BC3 Library Catalog. BC3 library’s book, periodical, and AV collection.
- CQ Researcher: reports on contemporary issues, e.g. global warming, gay marriage, or women in the military.
- Credo Reference: collection of online reference books
- Ebook Collection: collection of several thousand ebooks
- Ebrary. collection of several thousand ebooks
- EBSCOhost: several databases with collections of magazines, journals and other resources covering different subject areas
- Encyclopedia Britannica: online version of the 30-volume print encyclopedia. Also offers Merriam-Webster dictionary and thesaurus.
- Facts on File Reference Suite: articles on contemporary issues, factual information, statistics, and topical overviews. Includes three databases: World News Digest, Issues and Controversies, and Today’s Science.
- Global Road Warrior: country studies, maps and profiles
- Hoovers: company and industry profiles, data, and history
- Literature Criticism: collection of literature criticism articles
- Salem Press: collection of online reference book sets, large collection of health reference
- SciFinder: chemistry database
- Statista: social science research and statistics
- WestlawNext: federal and state statues, court decisions, and journal articles