My Library Account
The BC3 Library Catalog offers a “My Library” feature that makes it possible for a student to
- see a list of the books he/she currently has checked out with due dates
- renew books online
- have library materials sent to off-campus sites (Cranberry, Lawrence County, Mercer County, and Brockway)
- place holds on materials currently check-out by another patron
To use this feature of our catalog, you must first create a My Library account and a PIN.
How to Create a “My Library” Account
- Access the BC3 Library Catalog.
- From the BC3 Library Catalog’s menu bar at the top of the screen, select “My Library,” and under that menu select “My Account”
- This will bring up the Library Account Login form. Enter:
- Name:(as it appears on your student ID card, e.g. john doe)
- Barcode:(enter the 14 digit barcode number listed on your student ID card, NOT your student ID)
- PIN: leave the PIN box blank.
- Click submit.
- On the next form that appears
- Reenter your name and barcode.
- Leave the first PIN block empty.
- Enter a new PIN of your choice in the next two boxes.
- Click Submit.
Make note of your PIN; use it to access your My Library account as long as you are a BC3 student. If you forget your PIN, call the Library at (724) 284-8511 to have it reset.
How to renew a book
Log into your “My Library” account. A list of the books that you have checked out will appear. Click the box(es) under the “Renew” column, and then click on the Renew button.
How to place a hold on a book currently checked out to another patron
We will contact you when the book is returned and available for checkout.
- From the catalog display of the book you want to have held, click the “Request’ button located in the upper left corner of the display.
- Enter your My Library account login name and PIN
- Enter a “Cancel if not filled by” date
- Select a Pickup Location (choose one of the BC3 campuses: Butler, Cranberry, Lawrence Crossing, LindenPointe, or Brockway).
- Click Submit
How to have a book sent to an off-campus site
Follow the procedure detailed above under “How to Place a hold…” Be especially attentive to choosing the campus location where the item is to be sent (BC3 @ Cranberry, BC3 @ Lawrence Crossing, BC3 @ LindenPointe or BC3 @ Brockway).