Help with Other Issues
For help with technologies used in the class but not on Fast Form selections try the Third Party Applications Support page.
- Monday thru Thursday
- 8:30am - 6pm
- 8:30am- 3:30pm
- Saturday - Phone and Fast Form ONLY
- 9am - 12pm
HOW TO LOGIN TO BLACKBOARD:
Blackboard is the Learning Management System that BC3 uses to deliver course content online. Some Face-to-Face instructors use it to augment their courses, so you may be asked to login to it. If you are taking online or hybrid classes, you must use Blackboard.
- Login to the My BC3 Portal (Be sure to use the letter b plus your seven digit Student ID number as the username.)
- Click the "BlackBoard" link in the Application Links window on the left.
If you're having problems logging into Blackboard, call the BC3 Help Desk Hotline for assistance (724-287-8711 ext. 8441, press #1, then #1 or fill out a Blackboard fast form
Download a .pdf of Test Taking Tips
Before You Begin
- Take your test in a quiet area that is free from distractions.
- Set aside enough time to complete the test. Do not wait until the last minute. Plan enough time to contact your instructor if anything goes wrong.
- Use a computer plugged in directly to your Internet router. Do not use a wireless or satellite connection if possible.
- Close all windows and applications on your computer. Open only one Web browser window to use for Blackboard.
- Make sure Java is updated and enabled on your computer.
During the Test
- Do not double-click any of the buttons in the test. Blackboard uses single-clicks only. Double-clicking will not make the server process your request faster - it will only cause you to get kicked out.
- Do not click the “Tab” key on the keyboard to move between questions or buttons.
- Read the Test Instructions section at the top of the test. This area tells you the time limit (if any), how many attempts you are allowed, and if you are able to backtrack (for one-at-a-time question presentation).
- If your test is presented one question at a time, do NOT click the “back” button on your browser to go to a previous question. If backtracking is allowed, the test will provide a button to go to previous question.
- Use the scroll wheel on your mouse as little as possible, or find a mouse that does not have a scroll wheel. If you scroll the wheel right after clicking an answer choice, you may inadvertently change your answer on a question. Click the answer choice and then click some blank space on the page to make sure your answer choice was marked correctly.
- Do not rush through the test and click several buttons at once. Always wait for your browser’s status bar to say “done” whenever you click a button to move to another question or save your answers.
- Do not switch between multiple windows or tabs, or open other programs. If your instructor allows you to use your notes, print them out before taking the test.
- If all the questions are presented at once, save your answers every 15 minutes.
- If you reach the end of the time limit and a window opens that says, "You have reached the end of the time limit. Click OK to continue," click the Cancel button instead of OK. The OK button assumes you are finished with the test and will submit it.