BC3 Fab Lab
Give ordinary people the right tools, and they will design and build the most extraordinary things. That’s the idea behind the BC3 Fab Lab.
The BC3 Fab Lab exists to promote ingenuity, invention, and inspiration by introducing students to digital fabrication tools. Our goal is to encourage creativity as well as an interest in science, technology, engineering, art, mathematics, and technical trades. We are able to create rapid, proof-of-concept prototyping so students/inventors/entrepreneurs can validate product designs and determine market viability. Access to the Fab Lab builds local capability with global links to the entire fab lab network – enabling personal growth, economic development and cross-cultural understanding. We encourage people to build virtually anything they can imagine.
BC3 Fab Lab equipment includes:
- 3D Printing - (10) Flashforge Creator Pro printers, (1) Makerbot Replicator+, and (1) Form Labs 2 SLA printer
- Plastic Injection Molding - AMATROL T9013-P
- Laser Cutting and Engraving - Universal 50W Laser
- Vinyl Cutter - Roland GS-24
- Next Engine 3D Laser Scanner
- Thermo-vacuum Forming - Therm-O-Vac 18"x13"
- Roland MDX-40A Mini Mill/Contact Scanner
- Networked workstations and full suite of software tools supporting both open source and commercial IT environments.
BC3 Fab Lab
- Is dedicated to the use of digital technologies to drive the future of product development.
- Is designed to support creativity and innovation.
- Builds prototyping and personal digital fabrication capability.
- Is the place where you can use digital technologies to move ideas to products.
- Provides access to sophisticated equipment.