Classes start September 5, 2017
Class Day/Time: Monday - Thursday, 4:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Location: Butler County Vo-Tech
Additional Required Classes
Vocational Screening Assessment
August 21 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
BC3 Main Campus
August 28-31 from 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
BC3 Main Campus
Students will attempt a minimum of two American Welding Society (AWS) certifications: SMAW 1” Plate 3G/4G Combo (D1.1) and SENSE Level II Credentials. Students will also attempt certification in SMAW API Vertical Down Pipe 6G (AP 1104).
This certificate is stackable into BC3's Technical Trades: Applied Technology Certificate.
- Occupational orientation and safety.
- Principles of welding.
- Welding print reading.
- Visual examination inspection and testing including:
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW I).
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW II).
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW).
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW).
- Flux-Cored Arc Welding (FCAW) and Pipe Welding (GTAW).
- Thermal Cutting Process and Brazing/Soldering.
$12,999 - Includes class materials and 1 attempt at the two AWS certifications and 1 attempt at the API certification.
Welder's Kit - $250 (Optional)
Students can purchase this kit through BC3 or on their own (subject to inspection to meet minimum standarts required for this certificate.)
Requirements - $75 (See below)
- Successful completion of a drug screening.
- Certified background check.
- Vocational screening assessment.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency.
Fill out the form below and we will contact you!
Or call 724-287-8711, ext. 8171 for more information.