Frequently Asked Questions
- 88% of the 1300 classes for which students requested tutoring last year were passed!
- That’s 1144 classes PASSED!
Tutoring will help you to
- Study effectively.
- Understand course material.
- Conquer test anxiety.
- Create organized, helpful class notes.
- Efficiently manage your time.
- Enhance your confidence.
- Draft strong essays and research papers.
- SUCCEED at BC3!
Tutoring at BC3 is
- FREE to students enrolled in credit courses.
- Offered at all BC3 campuses and online.
- Available for many, but not all credit courses.
- Scheduled when the student submits a tutoring application.
- A weekly obligation at the scheduled appointment time.
To learn more about tutoring, review this brochure.
- Face-to-face by appointment.
- Online for selected online courses only.
- Scheduled walk-in tutoring labs, if staff is available.
You can apply
- Anytime throughout the semester, but applying sooner rather than later is best!
- In person in the ACE in the Student Success Center on BC3 Main Campus or at the front desk of your off-campus center.
- Online: Sign up for a tutor on your computer!
When you apply you are required to
- Provide your 7 digit student ID number on the tutoring application.
- Have an active my.bc3.edu student email so that we can contact you and you and your assigned tutor can contact each other.
Online tutoring is
- Offered to students enrolled in selected online courses only.
To learn more or to apply
- Contact the Coordinators of Tutoring at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Students enrolled in selected online courses may opt to apply for face-to-face tutoring instead of online tutoring.
Our tutors are
- Knowledgeable, student-centered individuals with outstanding credentials.
- Academically successful BC3 students who meet required qualifications.
- Phi Theta Kappa members.
- BC3 part-time faculty, staff, and alumni.
- Accomplished professionals from the community.
You can be a tutor if you
- Are interested in helping others to succeed at BC3.
- Meet specific academic eligibility as well as other college and HR requirements.
- Tell us that I’m Interested in Being a Tutor-Please Contact Me.
- Lexie Jones, Coordinator of Tutoring, BC3 Main, at email@example.com.
- Heather Jewart, Assistant Coordinator of Tutoring, BC3 Main and BC3 @ Cranberry, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jennifer Loue, Assistant Coordinator of Tutoring and Disability Services, BC3 @ Lawrence Crossing and BC3 @ LindenPointe, at email@example.com.
- Staff, BC3 @ Armstrong at 724.902.7452, and BC3 @ Brockway at 814.265.1810.
- Coordinators of Tutoring, all BC3 campuses, at firstname.lastname@example.org.