Frequently Asked Questions
Tutoring at BC3 is
- FREE to students enrolled in credit courses.
- Offered at all BC3 campuses and online.
- Available as online or in-person (limited) tutoring.
- Scheduled when the student submits a tutoring application.
Tutoring will help you to
- Study effectively.
- Understand course material.
- Conquer test anxiety.
- Create organized, helpful class notes.
- Efficiently manage your time.
- Enhance your confidence.
- Draft strong essays and research papers.
- SUCCEED at BC3!
- 90% of the over 700 classes for which students requested tutoring this past fall& spring were passed!
- In-person or remotely by appointment on a regular basis (weekly).
- As needed, depending on student/tutor availability.
- As needed tutoring cannot be used as a proofreading service.
You can apply
- Anytime throughout the semester, but applying sooner rather than later is best!
- In person in the ACE in the Student Success Center on BC3 Main Campus or at the front desk of your off-campus center.
- Online: Sign up for a tutor on your computer!
When you apply you are required to
- Provide your 7 digit student ID number on the tutoring application.
- Have an active my.bc3.edu student email so that we can contact you and you and your assigned tutor can contact each other.
Our tutors are
- Knowledgeable, student-centered individuals with outstanding credentials.
- Academically successful BC3 students who meet required qualifications.
- Phi Theta Kappa members.
- BC3 part-time faculty, staff, and alumni.
- Accomplished professionals from the community.
You can be a tutor if you
- Are interested in helping others to succeed at BC3.
- Meet specific academic eligibility as well as other college and HR requirements.
- Tell us that I’m Interested in Being a Tutor-Please Contact Me.
- Heather Jewart, Coordinator of Tutoring, BC3 Main, at firstname.lastname@example.org.