Heaton Family Learning Commons
The Heaton Family Learning Commons provides an organized and readily accessible collection of print, media, and online materials selected to support the curricular and recreational needs of BC3 students, faculty, and employees. Also available are public computers, a scanner, a photocopier, printers, study rooms, and a multimedia classroom with 24 computer stations.
BC3 Library Online
Online access to many of the library's resources and services are available through the BC3 Library's website. These include research databases, subject guides, ebooks, articles, document delivery and ask a librarian chat service.
Librarians are available and ready to assist with research or technical questions.
Circulation Desk, Collections, & Reference
- The circulation desk on the upper level is the main service area for loaning and returning of books and other items.
- The main collection, local history collection, and children’s collection are located on the lower level.
- The fiction and short story collection as well as periodicals and newspapers are located on the upper level.
- There is a reference desk on both levels to provide visitors with assistance.
Technology Help Desk
- Educational technology software
- Campus computers
- The telephone system, and more
Hours: Monday – Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (8:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. when classes
are in session)
Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Technical help is also available through:
Tech & Multimedia
- Nearly all of the furniture in the library has built in USB ports and 110 outlets for charging devices.
- There is a courtesy charging station on both floors with ports for various devices.
- On both floors are mobile white boards that can be moved and used for collaborative work. Markers and erasers are stored inside the boards.
- Multimedia booths with flat screens, laptop bars, and study tables all offer students a place to plug in.
- The computer stations on the upper level are designed for 2 or more people to collaborate.
- The computer stations on the bottom level offer privacy to work independently.
- There is an area to copy and print documents on both levels. The upper level offers color and scanning as well!
- Cost for printing is .10/impression for black and white and .15/impression for color.
- Wireless printing can be set up by clicking this link. While on page, scroll down to select your device type if it is other than Windows.
The café is located on the upper level and serves Starbucks products.
Spring 2023 Hours:
- Monday - Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Click here to see the menu!
On the breakfast menu:
- Breakfast Sandwiches
On the lunch menu:
- Prepared hot & cold sandwiches
- Prepared salads
Outside of the café, food and drinks are permitted in the open areas; lids are requested. Food and drinks are not permitted at the PC station or in the rooms with computer equipment. Vending machines are also located in the café.
Digital Media Room/Recording Studio
- The digital media room features a one-button recording studio that is easy to use.
- The simple design allows users to create and save high quality video and/or audio files to a flash drive with just the push of a button.
- Record lectures, presentations, speeches, personal introductions, video resumes, blogs, promotional videos, interviews, theater skits, musical performances, demonstrations, and more! Users must bring their own flash drive (3G or higher).
This 16-seat conference room is located in the upper level and available by reservation only for use by administration, faculty, staff, college-related committees, organizations, clubs, and community partners.
Visit the Technology Help Desk to reserve the room. Preference is given to ET, IT, and library staff.
This 20-seat classroom may be used for iTV courses and video conferencing or as a computer lab, classroom, or lecture space.
Printing is available inside the room when it is reserved.
Visit the Technology Help Desk to reserve the room.
- There are 3 study rooms on the upper floor and 3 study rooms on the lower floor to
reserve for a group.
- All rooms are equipped with flat screen monitors and connections for personal phones, tables, and laptops to share the screen.
- One study room on the lower level holds up to 12 people and offers wireless connectivity to the flat screen. All other study rooms hold up to 5 people.
Visit the Circulation Desk to reserve the room. Walk-ins are welcome when rooms are not reserved. There is also an open quiet study lounge on the lower level.