Heaton Family Learning Commons
Library Hours of Operation
*Monday-Thursday 7:30 am – 8:00 pm & Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
*Please note: The library will be closed on Tuesday, October 8th
- Research Databases
- Off-campus Library Services
- Request Materials from Other Libraries
- Request Library Instruction
Database access online
E-books, periodicals, full text journals, reference databases and much more. Find out how to get access to research databases.
Did you know...
The materials and services available and routinely used by students at the main campus are also available to students at off campus sites.
Interlibrary loan requests
If a book or an article that you need is not available at the BC3 Library, BC3 students and employees may request to borrow the book or article from another library.
Sign up for:
Library orientation presentations, library tours, on-line catalog workshops, database workshops, periodical index workshops,class-specific instruction and more.
- The circulation desk on the upper level is the main service area for loaning and returning of books and other items.
- The main collection, local history collection, and children’s collection are located on the lower level.
- The fiction and short story collection as well as periodicals and newspapers are located on the upper level.
- There is a reference desk on both levels to provide visitors with assistance.
- Educational technology software
- Campus computers
- The telephone system, and more
Hours: Monday – Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (8:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. when classes
are in session)
Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Technical help is also available through:
- Nearly all of the furniture in the library has built in USB ports and 110 outlets for charging devices.
- There is a courtesy charging station on both floors with ports for various devices.
- On both floors are mobile white boards that can be moved and used for collaborative work. Markers and erasers are stored inside the boards.
- Multimedia booths with flat screens, laptop bars, and study tables all offer students a place to plug in.
- The computer stations on the upper level are designed for 2 or more people to collaborate.
- The computer stations on the bottom level offer privacy to work independently.
- There is an area to copy and print documents on both levels. The upper level offers color and scanning as well!
- Cost for printing is .10/impression for black and white and .15/impression for color.
- Wireless printing is not available at this time.
- Coffee, espresso drinks, and smoothies are available as well as breakfast sandwiches and pastries until 10:30 a.m.
- Vending machines are also located in the café.
- Outside of the café, food and drinks are permitted in the open areas; lids are requested.
- Food and drinks are not permitted at the PC station or in the rooms with computer equipment.
- The digital media room features a one-button recording studio that is easy to use.
- The simple design allows users to create and save high quality video and/or audio files to a flash drive with just the push of a button.
- Record lectures, presentations, speeches, personal introductions, video resumes, blogs, promotional videos, interviews, theater skits, musical performances, demonstrations, and more! Users must bring their own flash drive (3G or higher).
This 16-seat conference room is located in the upper level and available by reservation only for use by administration, faculty, staff, college-related committees, organizations, clubs, and community partners.
Visit the Technology Help Desk to reserve the room. Preference is given to ET, IT, and library staff.
This 20-seat classroom may be used for iTV courses and video conferencing or as a computer lab, classroom, or lecture space.
Printing is available inside the room when it is reserved.
Visit the Technology Help Desk to reserve the room.
- There are 3 study rooms on the upper floor and 3 study rooms on the lower floor to
reserve for a group.
- All rooms are equipped with flat screen monitors and connections for personal phones, tables, and laptops to share the screen.
- One study room on the lower level holds up to 12 people and offers wireless connectivity to the flat screen. All other study rooms hold up to 5 people.
Visit the Circulation Desk to reserve the room. Walk-ins are welcome when rooms are not reserved. There is also an open quiet study lounge on the lower level.