Placement Test Exemption
You may be exempt from placement testing if:
High School Transcript Review
If you have graduated high school within the past five years with an unweighted overall GPA of 3.0 or higher, your transcripts may exempt you from testing. Please send a copy of your transcript (unofficial can be accepted for this process) to Admissions. If you are currently a high school senior still attending, your transcript needs to include your mid-year grades. These can be mailed or emailed to:
Admissions Office, Butler County Community College
P.O. Box 1203 Butler, PA 16003
You have official scores from the past 5 years for the following:
|English Exemption||Minimum Score||Math Exemption||Minimum Score|
|SAT- Evidence Based Reading & Writing||500||SAT- Math||
500 (places into MATH 100)
550 (places into MATH 101)
570 (places into MATH 102 or higher)
|ACT- English||21||ACT- Math||23|
|CLEP- College Composition||50 or higher||CLEP- Precalculus or Calculus||50 or higher|
|AP- English Language and Composition||3 or higher||AP- Calculus AB or BC or Statistics||3 or higher|
Scores are official if:
- They are sent directly from College Board or ACT (requested at the time of your testing registration or at a later date for a fee).
- They are sent directly from your high school guidance office. If your high school collects this, it may be found on your transcript.
- You can show us your scores during your advising session. Please bring your College Board or ACT username password with you to login.
You may be also be exempt from placement testing if:
- You took a college-level English or math course and have a grade of "C" or better.
- You took the Accuplacer exam in the last 5 years at BC3 or another institution
- You are enrolled in any non-degree seeking program such as the College's Senior Citizen, Workplace Certificate, Guest, or College Pathways program, unless required by a course prerequisite.