Office of Access & Disability Resources
If you are a student with a disability, you will find that Butler County Community College offers many services. The college wants all students to achieve academic success, and we make every effort to accommodate and serve students with disabilities so they may achieve their true potential.
Services & Accommodation Available
- Extended Time and Modified Testing
- Note-Taking Support
- Priority Scheduling and Registration for Classes
- Enlargement of Texts and Materials
- Alternate Format Texts and Materials
- Additional and Intensive Tutoring Support
- Coordination of Services with outside agencies such as the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, Blindness and Visual Services, etc.
- Coordination of Interpreting Services for the Deaf and Hearing Impaired
- Advocacy with Faculty to arrange other special accommodations
- Other Accommodations as appropriate based on students' needs
If you are a student with a disability and are considering attending the college or are already enrolled, you should make an appointment with one of the Disability Services staff to discuss how to access services and accommodations. This is the BEST way to ensure timely access to services.
Students are solely responsible for contacting Disability Services staff to request any accommodations or services. There are 4 steps that need to occur for you to begin utilizing services.
This step will aid Disability staff, ensuring accommodations are available at the start of the semester.
Written third party documentation of the disability is usually required before services can be provided, so a student should either bring appropriate documentation to his/her appointment with one of the Disability Services staff or have it faxed/mailed to Disability Services staff prior to the appointment.
For information regarding the College’s Nondiscrimination Policy and Grievance Procedure, contact the Interim Executive Director of Human Resources/Equal Opportunity Compliance Officer, Butler County Community College by telephone at (724) 287-8711, Ext. 8353, or in writing at P. O. Box 1203, Butler, PA 16003-1203.