Concerned About Someone
The BC3 C.A.R.E. Team (Campus Assessment Response & Evaluation) assists students who may be in jeopardy of harming themselves or others or who are demonstrating concerning behaviors. If you are concerned about a BC3 student, contact us.
The CARE Team
CARE Team members will assess the concern and intervene as appropriate. Reports to the CARE Team are handled confidentially within the confines of the law and public safety. We will confer with those reporting concerns to offer support and guidance as needed.
Examples of behavior that might be reported to the CARE Team include:
- Unusual or erratic behavior.
- Extended absence from class by a typically engaged student.
- Written work with troubling themes or references.
- Written or verbal expressions of intent to harm self or others.
- Other actions which cause an alarm or call into question the safety of the student or his/her peers.
The CARE Team is not an emergency service
In the case of an emergency contact the BC3 Campus Police Department at 724.287.8711 x8450, or you can dial 9-1-1; these numbers are for emergencies only.
**For concerns about faculty or staff members, please contact Human Resources at 724.287.8711 x8353.
CARE Team members
Academic Counselor/ Retention Specialist
Executive Director of Human Resources/Equal Opportunity Compliance Officer
Assistant Coordinator for Disability Services and Tutoring
Dr. Joshua Novak
Dean of Student Development
Director of Campus Police & Security