The economic vitality of the region depends a great deal on the availability of a well-trained workforce. BC3 is a leader in providing quality, accessible, and affordable training options.
Any of our scheduled training can also be customized to meet the needs of local companies. If you don’t see what you are looking for, please contact us.
Learn positive leadership skills that will help you, your employees, and your organization reach their highest potential. Participants will put skills learned each week into practice and share results at the start of the next week’s session.
- Addressing performance issues
- Effective communication
- Diversity/Cultural Awareness
- Employment Law and Harassment Recognition
- Performance Evaluations and Progressive Discipline
- Conflict Management
- How to be an Impartial Supervisor
- Finding the right employees to serve as mentors and trainers
- Start: August 9, 2023 | End: September 27, 2023 - 8 sessions (Wednesdays) 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Participants will gain a basic understanding of steel as an engineered material. This knowledge can be valuable to any manufacturer that sells steel or uses steel in its products. Organizational functions that could benefit from this course include Purchasing, Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering/Design, Marketing and Sales. Participants in this course will come away with a grasp of terminology, standards, processes, material characteristics and failure modes. Application of this understanding has the potential to lower costs as it relates to purchasing, manufacturing or product quality; or to sell, design or develop better, more competitive products.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Steelmaking and metallurgy terminology
- Industry-related standards
- Manufacturing processes related to steel
- Heat treating processes
- Mechanical properties
- Material failure modes
- Design criteria
- Class Dates: October 17 & 24, 2023 | 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Training will be offered either face to face at our Main Campus, or remotely via Go To Meeting. Remote training will be conducted live, allowing for dialogue between instructor and participants throughout the session.
You use Microsoft Word every day, but are you using it efficiently? This course
is a must take class for anyone that uses this popular word-processing application,
and wants more time in their day. Learn how to work faster and more efficiently to
create professional documents in a fraction of the time.
- Check back for new classes!
Welcome to the wonderful world of spreadsheets! Data and number crunching is key in
today's fast-paced business environment. If you don't know your numbers, you don't
know your business. In this course, we will take some basic data tracking, and focus
on design and development tricks that will make that spreadsheet work more effectively
- Basic Excel (Face to Face) - September 13, 2023 - 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Basic Excel (Live Remote) - October 10, 12, 17, & 19, 2023 - 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Must attend all 4 sessions.
This course builds upon a foundation knowledge of Excel, and will help start you down
the road to creating advanced workbooks and worksheets that can help deepen your understanding
of organizational intelligence. The ability to analyze massive amounts of data, extract
actionable information from it, and present that information to decision-makers, is
at the foundation of successful organizations competing at a high level.
- Intermediate Excel (Face to Face) - October 4, 2023 - 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Intermediate Excel (Live Remote) November 7, 9, 14, & 16, 2023 - 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Must attend all 4 sessions.
Clearly you use Excel a lot in your role, and are likely called on to analyze and
report on data frequently. How do you keep up with maintaining all the reports with
your busy schedule? You need to get Excel to do more for you so you can stay on top
of things. This course concentrates on the ability to automate complex or repetitive
tasks, and use conditional logic to construct elaborate and powerful formulas to put
the full power of Excel at your fingertips.
- Advanced Excel (Face to Face) - October 25, 2023 - 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Advanced Excel (Live Remote) - December 12, 14, 19, & 21, 2023 - 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Must attend all 4 sessions.
Designed to get you up and running in Powerpoint quickly. This step-by-step workshop
will allow you to write a simple presentation, apply slide layouts, design templates,
and add animation!
- PowerPoint Made Easy (Face to Face) - October 13, 2023 - 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts provide you with insights to make decisions easily and
efficiently. Learn how to organize, analyze, sort, summarize, and find patterns in
your data in just seconds. With a simple change of field’s location, you can quickly
analyze your data to track inventory, determine total sales by salesperson, view sales
by month vs. the full year, and so much more. Don’t work another day without learning
how these Excel features will provide you with a critical advantage to make precise
and quick decisions.
- Working with Pivot Tables and Charts (Live Remote) - October 27, & November 3, 2023 - 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Must attend both sessions.
Training is offered at Main Campus. Individuals that take the entire 8 course series will receive a certificate. Signing up for select courses is also available. View course descriptions, prices and details.
Our programs are personalized to meet the specific needs and interests of local companies. We will conduct training on site or at one of BC3’s locations. Training can be held during the day, evening, or weekends. View some of our popular courses below.
- Dashboard in a Day (Basic PowerBI)
- Teamwork & Communication Training
- Team Building
- Business Etiquette
- Cultural Diversity
- Customer Service
- Workplace Harassment
- MS Office Applications
- Basic Workplace Skills
Additional training courses available. Please call for more information.
- Introduction to Industrial Electrical Maintenance
- AutoCAD Essentials
- CNC Training
- Master CAM Training
- Blueprint Reading
- GD&T Training
- PLC Training
- Basic Electronics
- Industrial Instrumentation & Process Control
- Industrial Electricity & Motor Control
- Industrial Hydraulics & Pneumatics
- Industrial Mechanics
- Industrial Math
Additional training courses available. Please call for more information.
Get the professional training you need online. BC3 has partnered with Ed2GoPro to offer a comprehensive library of online training programs, all developed by industry experts.
BC3 has partnered with Ed2go Pro to offer 6-week online courses. With new sessions beginning each month, enjoy the flexibility of training when your schedule permits. The program’s interactive format allows you to ask your instructor questions, receive valuable feedback, and interact with your peers while completing lessons at a time that is convenient for you.
With hundreds of top-notch courses available, it’s difficult to single out only a few – but we did:
- Keys to Effective Communication
- A to Z Grant Writing
- Total Quality Fundamentals
- Human Resource Management Suite
- Building Teams that Work
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Access
BC3 Is A WEDnet PA Partner
BC3 is a WEDnetPA partner. WEDnetPA was created by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to help develop employee skills by providing employers with funding to train new and existing employees. In-state businesses and out-of-state companies relocating to the economic-friendly business climate of Pennsylvania may be eligible to benefit from a wide range of Skill Building training that will put their employees on the path to higher performance.
Companies can apply online. BC3 is here to help you navigate through the process.