Personal Care Home Administrator
Learn to provide quality, safe and supportive residential care for dependent adults. This training is approved by the PA Department of Human Services.
September 10 through December 17 - Fridays (and two Thursdays)
For more information contact Professional Education and Certificate Programs at 724-287-8711, ext 8421.
Upon completion of the 100-hour training, students must pass the free competency test to receive certification. Cost: Cost: $1,240 + $2 registration fee = $1,242
Students must also complete the Heartsaver CPR/AED/First Aid course or provide proof of prior completion. Heartsaver Training: $75
Take individual courses to meet requirements (24 hours a year) to maintain certification. Courses range from $40 to $115 dollars per course. See individual courses for pricing.
- DHS Personal Care Home Orientation
- Community Resources, Social Services & Activities in the Community
- Fire Prevention & Emergency Preparedness
- Nutrition, Food Handling & Sanitation
- Cultural Competency
- Budgeting, Financial Recordkeeping, & Resident Records
- Writing, Completing & Implementing Initial Assessments, Annual Assessments & Support Plans
- Medication Procedures, Medication Effects & Universal Precautions
- Care for Residents with Dementia
- Resident Rights
- Abuse & Neglect Prevention & Reporting
- Care for Residents with Mental Illness
- Care for Residents with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities
- Staff Supervision (Remote)
- Resident Home Contracts
- Local, State & Federal Laws & Regulations Pertaining to the Operation of a Home
- Personal Care Services & Personal Hygiene
- Personal Care Home Competency Test
- HeartSaver AED/First Aid
Download the Flyer (PDF) with a list of all Personal Care Home Administrator classes offered.
Are you qualified for this training? View the qualifications and responsibilities of administrators (enter 2600.53 in the code search box).