Steps to Success
Comedian Steven Wright once joked in his monotone delivery that “No matter where you go...there you are!” Well here you are well into the start of another semester at BC3. For many of you it’s your first college experience, and for others it’s a question of getting back into the routine of scholastic endeavor (whatever that means to you). All of us here at BC3 are dedicated to you…the student; for without you there would be no need for BC3. So we’d like to offer some helpful advice on getting in the swing of things for ongoing school year.
College is a time for new experiences, not just in learning but in meeting and interacting with people and trying new things, but you also need to be prepared for what you are getting into.
If you’re new, learn about the campus and what it has to offer, perhaps by exploring clubs and organizations or sports activities if you’re interested.
Get organized. I know it’s easier said than done but setting up a calendar and planning for the upcoming week’s classes and activities can really be beneficial.
Here are some other places you’ll find good information about making your experience at BC3 a better one.
- American Institute of Medical Sciences & Education: 7 Back to School Tips Every College Student Should Follow
- Lifehack: 13 Tips for New College Students
- BlenderBottle: 20 Back To School Tips For The College Student
All of us at BC3 are committed to helping you achieve success as you pursue your educational goals. As always, know that we are here to help you in any way we can. Please contact these offices if you need any assistance.
- BC3 Main Phone Number: 724.287.8711
- Admissions Office: 724.284.8501
- Academic Center for Enrichment (ACE: Placement Testing & Advising): 724.287.8711 ext. 8606
- Financial Aid: 724.287.8711 ext. 8329
- Records and Registration: 724.284.8510
-Jerry Johnston, Admissions Representative/Business Relations