College Within the High School Admission
High School Sophomores, Juniors, & Seniors... Take college level classes at your high school or through remote instruction! Classes run for 15 weeks.
The courses, as offered to qualified high school students, have the same departmental designation, course number, title, and credits, and adhere to the same course description and course content as those delivered on the BC3 campus.
Classes are held at the High School, classes are scheduled before, during, or after the school day or on Saturday. See below for more information about in-person classes.
Remote classes vary in times. See the schedule below under Remote Instruction Options Fall 2021.
High School Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors with the following GPA qualify for CWHS:
- Sophomores - 3.25
- Juniors - 3.00
- Seniors - 2.75
*Students must obtain approval from BC3 and the school district to participate.
Butler County Community College will offer five courses through remote instruction as part of its Fall 2021 semester menu of College Within the High School courses.
Remote instruction includes video conferencing, email and Internet-based learning management system formats. Instruction is delivered remotely at a specific time. No physical presence on campus required, so students can attend REMOTE courses at any location. Students must have access to a computer, microphone, and webcam.
Remote-instruction College Within the High School courses begin August 23, 2021, and will be available to all eligible High School students.
TUITION: $384 per 3-credit course.
Subject to change. Final rates approved by the Board of Trustees by June 30, 2021.
Steps to Enroll
- Contact Erin Cioffi, Assistant Director of High School Programming, at 724-287-8711 x 8254 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the CWHS remote options. You can also schedule a virtual meeting.
- Complete the High School Programming application and return via a pdf file to email@example.com.
- Obtain permission from your high school guidance counselor, principal, or official home school evaluator. Due to the current COVID conditions, please have your school representative send an email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you have permission to take remote College Within the High School classes during the 2021FL semester.
- Request your high school transcript from your high school or home school evaluator be sent to BC3. Due to the current COVID conditions, please have your school representative send an email directly to email@example.com.
Schedule of Fall 2021 semester remote-instruction courses
|Course Code||Course||Time||Days||Start Date||Instructor|
|COMP 210 H02||Productivity Applications||4:00-5:25||TR||8/23||Ramin Hajave|
|ENGL 101 H03||College Writing||3:45-4:50||MWF||8/23||Staff|
|MATH 100 H02||Intermediate Algebra||4:30-6:00||MW||8/23||Carla Schoentag|
|MATH 101 H02||College Algebra||6:15-7:45||MW||8/23||Carla Schoentag|
|PSYC 201 H10||General Psychology||6:30-8:00||MW||8/23||Anita Smith|
Steps to enroll
- Check with your school's guidance counselor to see if your high school or career technology center offers the CWHS program.
- Complete a High School Programming application and registration form available at your high school or career and technology center. Returning students who have already applied only need to complete a registration form.
- Contact Erin Cioffi, Assistant Director of High School Programming, at 724-287-8711 x 8254 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the CWHS program. You can also schedule a virtual meeting.
- Armstrong High School
- Brockway Area Junior High School
- Butler Area Senior High School
- Butler County Area Vocational-Technical School
- Cochranton Area Junior Senior High School
- DuBois Central Catholic
- Farrell Area High School
- George Junior Republic
- Grace Christian School
- Karns City High School
- Keystone Junior Senior High School
- Knoch Senior High School
- Lawrence County Career and Technical Center
- Lenape Area Vocational-Technical School
- Lincoln High School
- LindenPointe Entrepreneurship Academy
- Mars Area High School
- Mohawk High School
- Portersville Christian School
- Reynolds High School
- Seneca Valley High School
- Sharon High School
- Shenango Junior Senior High School
- Summit Academy
- Union Area Middle/High School (New Castle)
“It is a major opportunity toward my future career, being prepared and a smart financial choice.”
– Amorae Waters, Union Area Middle-High School, Lawrence County (Fall 2019)
“I wanted the experience and challenge of being enrolled in college-level classes.”
— Nabil Lahlou, Mars Area High School, Butler County (Fall 2019)