International Student Admission
Requirements for the F-1 International Student
- Send a completed paper Application for Admission with a $25.00 (US dollars) one-time, non-refundable application fee to the BC3 Admissions Office. Money orders made payable to “BC3” are preferred.
- Request that your high school send an official copy of your transcript (grades) to the BC3 Admissions Office. If you have attended any other type of higher education institution, we will also need an official course-by-course evaluation of the academic records translated into the English language and the American education system by a third-party evaluator such as World Education Service or Educational Credential Evaluators
- Make arrangements to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language or International English Language Testing System if English is not your native language . The official scores must be sent to the BC3 Admissions Office in a sealed envelope from the provider. TOEFL test scores at a minimum of 61 on the Internet-based or IELTS scores at a minimum of 5 are proficient. Test scores are good for two years from the time of completion.
- Complete the confidential “Certification of Finances” and “Oath or Affirmation of Sponsor” BC3 forms along with a bank-certified statement showing resources of $41,000 (US dollars) assured support for the first year and projected support for the second year of an associate degree program. Bank statements must also be in a sealed envelope from the financial institution accompanied by a letter verifying the amount signed by a fiscal agent. Forms can be obtained by contacting Primary Designated School Official, Morgan Rizzardi.
- Provide a copy of a valid passport for international travel and current visa (if applicable).
After the steps above have been completed, your academic record, test scores, and financial background will be reviewed and a decision will be made on your admission. Applicants may also be subjected to a GoToMeeting or Zoom interview by the PDSO/DSO. If you are eligible for admission to BC3, you will receive a BC3 acceptance letter and a “Certificate of Eligibility” form (I-20) for immigration purposes.
Deadline for submission of materials for the fall semester start (August) is June 15th and for the spring semester start (January) is November 15th. Students must take a minimum of 12 credits during the fall and spring semesters and only one can be entirely online.
F-1 International Student Tuition & Fees (per semester updated for 2021-2022)
12 CREDITS: $4,500
15 CREDITS: $5,625
18 CREDITS: $6,750
$4,500 is the minimum tuition cost for one semester, full-time; therefore, the minimum cost to attend Butler County Community College for one year (two semesters) would be $9,000. In addition, most students spend approximately $1,500 each year for books and supplies. It is difficult to estimate a figure for living expenses (room and board) and the cost of transportation for one year, but a conservative figure would be $10,000. Therefore, an international student would need approximately $20,500 for the academic year. Examples of additional costs would be airplane travel to the United States, personal, and healthcare/medical expenses.
BC3 is only able to award federal and state financial aid to U.S. citizens or permanent residents. F-1 students are permitted to work through on-campus employment programs when available.
All questions about international student admission can be directed to Primary Designated School Official (PDSO):