BC3's Pioneer Pantry addresses food insecurity.
Food insecurity, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is having reduced quality, variety or desirability of diet. According to a recent survey, roughly 40% of BC3 students struggle with food insecurity.
How to Utilize the Pantry
BC3 Students from Butler County, who meet the guidelines established by the PA Department of Agriculture’s Emergency Food Assistance Program, can be eligible to receive food distributed by the Alliance for Nonprofit Resources from the Pioneer Pantry, located in the Arts & Humanities, Room 100 on the scheduled distribution dates below.
Separately, food collected through drives, drop boxes or purchased with financial gifts is available to all BC3 students, faculty or staff, regardless of income or county of residence, during the scheduled Pioneer Pantry distributions, or anytime at the Grab & Go Food Station, Student Success Center - KEYS Office, 1st Floor.
Qualifying individuals and families from Butler County in the BC3 Community are eligible to receive food on a monthly basis. First, please fill out the Registration Form.If you qualify, you will also need to fill out the Declaration of Need Form. Please return to Karen Jack firstname.lastname@example.org the Pioneer Pantry or in the KEYS Office - Student Success Center.
Pioneer Pantry - Fall 2019 Distribution Dates:
The Pioneer Pantry, located in Arts & Humanities, Room 100, is open to registered shoppers on the following days/times:
- Thursday, September 12th, 12:30-2:30pm
- Monday, September 16th, 10am-12pm
- Thursday, October 10th, 12:30-2:30pm
- Monday, October 14th, 10am-12pm
- Thursday, November 7th, 12:30-2:30pm
- Monday, November 11th, 10am-12pm
- Thursday, December 5th, 12:30-2:30pm
- Monday, December 9th, 10am-12pm
Ways You Can Help
The Pioneer Pantry gladly accepts donations to keep the pantry stocked with a healthy variety of food for our shoppers. We’re currently accepting ALL TYPES of non-perishable, non-expired food to stock the pantry.
Donations can be dropped off at the following locations:
- Student Success Center - KEYS Office, 1st Floor
- Arts and Hospitality building - Room 103
- Humanities and Education building - Workroom
- Science and Technology building - Karen Fair’s office
- Business and Health Building - Business Learning Center, Room 120
- Administration Building - Hallway outside of the Copier Room
Can't make it to one of our locations? Contact us to coordinate the drop-off for your donation.
Volunteer support is critical to our mission to combat food insecurity. If you are interested in serving as a volunteer, please contact us at email@example.com.