BC3's Pioneer Pantry addresses food insecurity.
Food insecurity, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is having reduced quality, variety or desirability of diet. According to a recent survey, roughly 40% of BC3 students struggle with food insecurity.
How to Utilize the Pantry
BC3 Students from Butler County, who meet the guidelines established by the PA Department of Agriculture’s Emergency Food Assistance Program, can be eligible to receive food distributed by the Alliance for Nonprofit Resources from the Pioneer Pantry once per month. Additional emergency food bags can be picked up if a student needs additional food through the month. The Pioneer Pantry is located in the Arts & Hospitality building, Room 100 on the following distribution dates:
Summer 2022 Dates
- Every Tuesday starting May 24th through August 16th from 10am-4pm
Separately, food collected through drives, drop boxes or purchased with financial gifts is available to all BC3 students, faculty or staff, regardless of income or county of residence, during the scheduled Pioneer Pantry distributions, or anytime at the Grab & Go Food Station, Student Success Center - KEYS Office, 1st Floor.
Qualifying individuals and families from Butler County in the BC3 Community are eligible to receive food on a monthly basis. First, please fill out the Registration Form.If you qualify, you will also need to fill out the Declaration of Need Form. Please return to Karen Jack email@example.com the Pioneer Pantry or in the KEYS Office - Student Success Center.
For information about Pioneer Pantry for Non-Butler County residents, please contact Karen Jack firstname.lastname@example.org
Ways You Can Help
Make a gift online using the BC3 Education Foundation Inc. online donation PayPal form. Follow this link to the Support BC3 page and click on the yellow "Donate" button. After you enter your dollar amount, you can choose to donate with PayPal or with a credit card. Once you make your selection, the next screen will let you specify that this is a gift to the Pioneer Food Pantry by filling in the "Add a Note" field. Please contact Karen Jack email@example.com if you have any questions.
Shop our Amazon Wish List
Shop our Amazon Wish List which is regularly updated with items needed for the Pioneer Pantry, special events, and our holiday gift boxes delivered right to our door.
The Pioneer Pantry gladly accepts donations to keep the pantry stocked with a healthy variety of food for our shoppers. We’re currently accepting ALL TYPES of non-perishable, non-expired food to stock the pantry.
Donations can be dropped off at the following locations:
- Administration Building - Hallway outside of the Copier Room
- Arts and Hospitality building - Front lobby by the Amy Wise Children's Creative Learning Center
- Business and Health Building - First floor Shaffer School of Nursing and Allied Health lounge area
- Business and Health Building - Second floor by IT Department doors
- Heaton Family Learning Commons - Second floor lobby
- Humanities and Education building - Lobby area
- Public Safety Building - Lobby area
- Science and Technology building - Lobby near first floor Steffler Board Room
- Student Success Center - First floor KEYS Office area
- Student Success Center - Second floor by BC3 Bookstore entrance
- View interactive campus map
Can't make it to one of our locations? Contact us to coordinate the drop-off for your donation.
Volunteer support is critical to our mission to combat food insecurity. If you are interested in serving as a volunteer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.